Tuesday, 27 October 2009

Things we could learn from Mr. Krabs himself



So I've been watching a lot of Spongebob Squarepants shows recently (Thanks to my little brother and I had to watch what he wants now.) and somehow I've come to notice about Mr. Krabs, a cheapskate character from the infamous kids' show. And then I ended up learning a lot about him as I kept watching more of the shows that included him.

So who is Mr. Krabs? To those who are not a fan nor have watched Spongebob Squarepants, Here's a definition by IMDB.com;"Eugene Krabs is the owner of the Krusty Krab, inventor of the Krabby Patty, and the boss of Spongebob and Squidward. He is a veteran of the Navy, where he was known as Armor Abs Krabs. He is extremely greedy and will even risk losing bodyparts going after small change. He has a daughter, Pearl, who is a sperm whale, a situation that is never explained. He is continually thwarting the machinations of Plankton, his former best friend and now business rival. Despite the most convoluted plans, Krabs always manages to keep control of the Krabby Patty Secret Formula." Now there's a man or crustacean who knows business.

Each and every time I see him in an episode, I learn another valuable lesson to business. Let's take an example of the recent (re-run) episode of his appearance. In one episode, "One Krab's Trash", is what anyone can do who is looking for some extra cash during the weekend or holiday. What Mr. Krabs does is he find a trash bin with lots of broken down materials and objects and he shines them, fixes a few and starts selling them. The lesson for this episode is that you can turn a useless product into cash or rather, renewable or recycling products into real cash. Just imagine that in Brunei? Well I'm not saying look into your neighbor's trash bin and start selling to people (as if that could work). I mean start recycling and you can do that during a weekend or a holiday.

Like go to the beach (any beach, KB Beach, Serasa Beach, Muara Beach, etc) and start a cleaning campaign. But keep in mind about recycling. Gather all the materials and put each material of them all in a separate bag, i.e. Glass, Paper, Plastic, Waste and Metal. And before you know it, you'll get at least 1 bag full for each. Just imagine how clean Brunei would be and wealthier Bruneians could be if we all pitch in to recycle our country's waste product and earn a little side income.

So what do you do with your collected haul? Send them to the recycling centre! You'll get paid for each recycled product that you turn in. Wanna know exactly where, how many you can make and who to turn to for recycling in Brunei? Well look no further. I took the courtesy to research that for you.


You can take a look at their site and go to their "Contact Us" page and you can then find out more about where their branches are. Just contact them and you will know the power of recycling. Their Branches are located in Seria, KB, Muara and Kpg Masin. Hey, I'm surprised as you are that there are no Tutong Recycling Centre. Or rather, I have not looked hard enough to find one online. But I'm sure that there other recycling centres throughout Brunei. Just ask around. Make your life and Brunei a healthier place to live.

Thank you for reading the Bruneian Dollar and let's get green!

-Let the power of wealth be with you~

No comments: