I attended a Think Big Workshop about Digital Marketing at iCentre yesterday and it was worth it. Enjoyed the group participation and the content information provided. Now I already knew what all it was about and was well-informed about how to market online, before I attended the workshop (Not to sound snobbish or a know-it-all). But what I was expecting from it was the "How?" part. I knew how to search engine optimize, create company awareness through the Internet, advertising through search engines and social media, blogging, viral videos, etc. But doing them is another thing.
Famous quote: "Knowing is half the battle" - G.I. Joe.
Or in my case, Knowing is half the battle won. Taking action is the next battle to win. Applying all these marketing strategies online may take awhile to implement and integrate. The workshop was quite helpful as I get to revise through my marketing strategies for Bruneian Dollar. However, I never considered on mobile marketing - I did try once but it never got off the ground. So here is a simple summary of the marketing methods:
- Social Media/Social Networking Site advert - Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, LinkedIn, etc.
- Search Engine Marketing - Google AdWords, Yahoo Overture, etc.
- Vod-casting - UStream, TubeMogul, Metacafe, etc.
- Pod-casting - Podcastalley, 411podcast, Podbean, OTR Podcast, etc
- Blogging - Wordpress, Blogspot, Tumblr, Typepad, etc
- Mobile ads - Still New!
So everyone who has been to these sites know what to do, how to effectively do it and bring in customers. But mobile marketing is still very new. In my vision, it looks like another Twitter/TV Infomercial. Creating a WAP Portal just for those who have a mobile phone to access and for convenience. Coincidentally, I was researching about this and so far - not much to know. Mostly the information lead me to learn more about XCode (a programming language made for developers to create iPhone apps) and WML coding. It gets difficult if you have already spent years learning and refining your skills in web development but WAP development gets trickier.
Since the average LCD screen size for a mobile phone, it can only contain short information and not a lot of graphics too. This can be an issue if you are selling a huge e-commerce store with loads of products and varieties where you have to instruct the user to click "Next Page" or "Click For More Products!" and the like.
I'll probably look more into this and possibly something that Brunei can do too. Update to this coming soon!
Related Products:
-Let the power of wealth be with you~

No comments:
Post a Comment